Sunday, October 20, 2013

Trigger time

I got a bag of momentary switches from Radio Shack, and rewired my Voyage Trekkers ray cannon so the trigger lights up the barrel LED. A switch in the butt still operates the side lights.


Two batteries for the sides, one for the front.
While I was at it, I decided to rewire the ray pistol too. And drill two holes in the sides for a couple more LEDs.

And I added a battery.

I rigged a momentary switch to that trigger, too. So now they look like this.

Time for more interplanetary missions of peace!
The trigger lights need to have their triggers pulled for them to work, so here are some action shots. I'm in my civvies. Don't tell Sunstrike! (T-shirt's Blue Milk Special, though)

PEW PEW PEW!

pew pew!
This will do until after Youmacon next weekend. I might add more power to the ray cannon barrel LED. Not another 9 volt, though. It's only rated up to 14.8 volts. See, I read some of the directions! I think I can add a AA or AAA, depending on their voltage.
I'll go as a sack brigade zombie from The Other Grey Meat on Halloween or Friday, VT marine on Saturday, and maybe Soldier A if I feel like a day 3. Caitlin Glass should be back, and she's familiar with the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment