Sunday, November 3, 2013

Youmacon 2013

Youmacon 2013 in Detroit was awesome! I went as a sack brigader from The Other Grey Meat on Friday, and a Galactic Union marine from Voyage Trekkers on Saturday.

The Ben Nye makeup worked well, much more stable than the water-based stuff I used last time.

I'm checking out the latest captain's blog, cause Sunstrike never tells us anything.

Got a photo request, sort of. A Detroit News photographer snapped a picture of me unawares for their website gallery, then asked about it after. I do the same thing for the Clarkston News, so I'm familiar with the tactic. Voyage Trekkers representin' east of the Mississippi!

It's captioned "Phil Custodio, 44, of Flint, portrays 'A Space Marine' from Voyage Trekkers. (Todd McInturf / The Detroit News)."  I was waiting for a movie so I had turned off the LEDs on my ray guns.

Cosplayers (or "codplayers," as the Detroit News referred to us in their story - I kind of like that one!) did fantastic, imaginative work, filling the newly refurbished Cobo Hall with thousands of anime and other characters.

A dark elfish-type outfit, backed by a line filled with Steam Powered Giraffe fans.

This Peter Parker lets his Mary Jane Watson share in the fun!

More on Youmacon later!

No comments:

Post a Comment