Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Ready to cosplay!

All the pieces are together for my inaugural cosplay Soldier A outfit! Not much compared to the folks slinging hot glue and mad sewing skills for hours and days - I've enjoyed following along with fellow cosplayers' progress on Matsuricon's facebook page. Someone posted a Metal Gear Solid 3 cosplay. Snake wears woodland-type BDUs. I have those! And  a big box, too? Does he go around in a box in that one? I still need to finish that game!
So anyway, here's the final outfit:

High-speed low-drag! Well, maybe a little drag.
I have a canteen for hydration and buttpack for my camera. I probably won't wear the darkened goggles and scarf much. I don't want to fall down or run over small children! 
I continued my trend today of promoting favorite webcomics during weekly runs through town by wearing their T-shirts. This week, Blue Milk Special!

It does your body good!
Rod and Leanne Hannah's long-running Star Wars parody webcomic has been an inspiration of mine for years. Intensely funny, with strips like this...

George Lucas Lets Go…

And I enjoy their manga/anime influences, like crying Luke here...

It’s all about me

They're big supporters of their local 501st Legion unit, folks who dress up in Imperial outfits and armor and do lots and lots of community work, like encouraging children to read, promoting children's safety, and raising money to fight autism. One heck of a cosplay outfit!
I want to eventually do something like that, and if I do, it will be in part because Rod keeps writing about the importance of directing energy like this to "helping your fellow human beings" and stuff like that.
And I could be a stormtrooper - bonus!

Next week's T-shirt will feature ... well, nothing yet. This exhausts my supply of webcomic T-shirts. I might have something soon, depending on size. I won this art contest by the wonderfully awesome Naomi VonKreeps, my favorite Canadian Star Wars/superhero/etc. cosplayer and model, with this...

See, in Star Wars, things tend to get cut off a lot...
The prize includes a couple really awesome T-shirts. One is a woman's small, which I will never ever fit into, but the other is a man's medium, which maaaaaybe I could fit into at some point. We'll see. This is what my Darths think of it...


Yeah, I too am a webcomic maker, with Living Room Wars! It's a mashup starring my old Star Wars, Star Trek, etc. action figures. Anime influences are starting to work their way into it, too, like in this part...

And he is. Oh yes.

Here's what my little Sith lords think of an actual Naomi print...

They're rude because of the Dark Side.

So a week before Matsuricon - my weight was at 188 this morning, almost 70 pounds down from the holidays. The last time I was at this weight was 1997ish, or maybe even before.
Stay tuned for pictures from the event! (hopefully)

2 comments:

  1. aGGGGHHH!! I love you! haha!!! This is so great! Your first cosplay is fantastic. We all start somewhere. I still have sooooo much to learn, it's craziness. Slowly but surely and you WILL fit in the medium. And you MUST take pictures of you in it. Give the other tee as a gift to someone! Enjoy the event and thank you for all the kind words! Y

    ReplyDelete