Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Sack Brigader

My first cosplay costume of an actual character is pretty much ready to go. Again going with what I have on hand, along with exactly two purchases to go with it, I am a Sack Brigade resistance zombie, from post-zombie-apocalypse webcomic The Other Grey Meat. Here they are in action.

She's a zombie too.
Created by James and June Maillet, TOGM's Sack Brigade is made up of Category 2 zombies, recruited into a resistance movement led by the mysterious Phantom (another zombie, not a ghost or anything) against a despotic grand leader named Robert.
This is what I came up with.

Phantom say you go into sack.
On my shoulder is the "emergency rope," the single most important piece of equipment in the entire story [citation needed].
I bought a tube of make up and a wig. Testing showed the wig is probably a bad idea at this time. Zombies aren't supposed to sweat!
I'm looking at Anime USA for this number.

I have another entry in my featured-tshirt running program. The prize package in Naomi VonKreeps' art contest arrived, and it is awesome, with some of Naomi's newest prints, stickers, and tshirts.

All this stuff! Lizzie the cat is also a fan.
I was concerned about fitting into the "Dawn of the Fett" tshirt cause it seemed small for me, but I wore it anyway on my run today through Clarkston, Mich. - six miles!

Ready for another six!
So I'm pretty much a medium now, down from a pushing-XX-large. Gotta go back to the early 1990s to find the last time I was that size. I replaced all my clothes - thanks Salvation Army!

Anyway, next for cosplay is something involving actual sewing (with assistance from my puzzled mom) and electrical engineering (that would be my equally puzzled dad). Another project from the internet, this time a web series. 

Nerf gun to be modified with lots of spray paint (I can handle that) and LED lights (this we'll have to see about).
Sewing is hard.
The aughh-time-is-running-out thing cosplayers say a lot, I'm starting to get that. Lots to do if I want this to be ready for Anime USA. But if it's not, then the one after that.
Maybe my next project will actually be from an anime or manga....

No comments:

Post a Comment